Gemini Soft Tissue Dental Laser in Marina Del Rey
At Premiere Dental Group we offer a variety of procedures using the Gemini soft tissue laser.
Photobiomodulation (PBM) laser therapy uses light energy that is absorbed at a cellular level to promote cell healing and pain reduction. This light energy stimulates the mitochondria in the cells to promote faster healing. This procedure is quick and painless and helps promote muscle and joint healing and decreases pain in the jaw.
CALL US: (310) 822-3472 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
During your dental appointment the laser can be used to:
· Recontour gingival tissue to improve gingival esthetics without using a scalpel or the need for stitches
· Aid in retracting excess tissue to allow for a more accurate impression or image used to make a crown. This allows for a better seal to your restoration.
· Uncover implants
· Treatment of canker sores or cold sores, to promote healing and take away pain.
· The laser can be used during your hygiene appointment to improve periodontal health.
· The laser can painlessly and efficiently kill the bacteria that cause infection and bleeding in the gums.
· For active disease, the laser can be used in conjunction with scaling and root planning to remove the infected tissue to provide more predictable healing.
What Can I Expect During a Laser Dentistry Procedure?
There are many benefits to using the Gemini laser in dentistry. Most procedures can be completed without anesthetic. The light energy from the dental laser is precise and targets the specific area, without causing damage to the nearby healthy tissue. This allows for minimal post treatment discomfort and a shorter healing time.